Welcome my blog of LOVE!



Saturday, June 5, 2010

Roasted Salmon with Chickpeas and Red Onion

Hello everybody and welcome to Happy Diabetic TV, I'm your host Chef Robert
Lewis, The Happy Diabetic, changing the way we eat one recipe at a time!

I'm excited to be a part of cooking fun. My hope is that you catch
my passion for living healthy lifestyle, cooking and making a difference in your life.
I want to make it simple and easy. Over the course of this summer, I will bring
you real life experiences that will inspire you to take control of you healthy
lifestyle, so let's get to it!

Of course, we're in the beginning of a new summer season, so it's summer resolution time! AGAIN.
What does that mean? For me I like to think about it as a goal. So...here are my
eating goals for life. You know you heard me talk about "it's all about the
balance" so let's get balanced!

Let's start off with a great recipe that's simple and easy!

Gail Simmons' Celeb Chef of "Top Chef D.C." and Food and Wine Mag gave me a great idea, or at least I think it is.
The flavors are amazing and super simple!


Roasted Salmon with Chickpeas and Red Onion


INGREDIENTS:
1 teaspoon of basil and oregano and rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 cup Greek-style plain yogurt


1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4 boneless skinless salmon filets
One 19-ounce can chickpeas, drained well and rinsed

1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
6 stalks of asparagus
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper

METHOD:

In a small bowl, mix the herbs with the yogurt and lemon juice. In a large resealable plastic bag, toss the salmon filets with the yogurt marinade and let stand for 1 hour in the fridge.

Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan, toss the chickpeas with the red onion, asparagus and olive oil and season with pepper. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, until the onion begins to brown. Set the salmon on top of the chickpeas.

Roast the salmon in the top third of the oven for 45 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and the top is golden browned.

Place the salmon on the plates, spoon the chickpeas and red onion alongside and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your comments or suggestions or any tips you may have.