Marinated Grilled Breast of Chicken with Mango Salsa Baja Vegetable Stir Fry... of love
This dish was created for TCOYD. I'm partnered with Taking Control of Your Diabetes, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people with diabetes live better lives through education and proaction.
Their conferences and health fairs bring together people with diabetes and those at risk with national and local medical professionals and diabetes related experts for a day of highly informative and motivating programs that empower our participants to take control of their diabetes.
What to expect from a TCOYD conference and health fair:
- Inspiring and motivating lectures from renowned speakers
- Health screenings, such as glucose, cholesterol, A1C tests and foot exams
- One-on-one conversations with diabetes specialists including physicians, diabetes educators, dietitians, psychologists, exercise specialists, , podiatrists, pharmacists and ophthalmologists
- Our lively, one-of-a-kind health fair with exhibits from national and local diabetes-related companies and organizations and physical activities for everyone
- Healthy, sit-down banquet lunch with an inspirational keynote speaker at most locations. In some venues we may not have the speaker, but a good lunch is always included.
Marinated Grilled breast of Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
1 medium garlic cloves, minced
Black pepper to taste
1 t olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic
Let’s put it together
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
2. In a small bowl, combine rosemary, garlic, pepper; mix together well. Place chicken in large bowl and drizzle with oil.
3. Rub chicken with spice mixture, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
4. Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
5. Spray a heavy roasting pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place chicken in sprayed pan and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Turn chicken. If the chicken begins to stick to pan, add 3 to 4 tbsp water and deglaze.
7. Bake chicken for another 10 minutes or until the outside is golden-brown and center is no longer pink. 165 degrees
8. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over chicken in pan. Transfer chicken to plates. Stir liquid in pan and drizzle over chicken.
1/2 cup Tomato (small diced)
1 T cilantro (chopped)
¼ cup yellow onion (small diced)
1 T Lime Juice
1/2 jalapeno (small, minced NO Seeds)
1 T Mango (fresh, diced)
S&P to taste
Let’s put it together
Mix all the ingredients and set aside.
Recipe by Chef Robert Lewis,